welcome to my blog!

Hello! What's written in here are pure thoughts of mine and are originally made by me. Please do enjoy my articles (my outburst expression of myself). Thank you. God bless everyone!

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Siopao Gone Wrong


Early this week my mom has been craving for Siopao. So she decided to make Siopao for ourselves. My mom and her sister, Auntie Helen agreed to make Siopao at our house yesterday but because it rained, they called it a day and moved it on Saturday.

Mom was assigned to make the dough and my auntie will make the filling and the sauce.

Making the dough is never that easy. We had a very hard time doing it. It took us three trials to finally make the perfect dough (or so we thought). It was a waste of everything—waste of ingredients, waste of time and waste of energy. But it’s okay, cause we learn from mistakes and mistakes will make us close to perfection. J

Finally, after resting the we so thought perfectly made dough we put the fillings inside and rested it again for 25-30 minutes.

After resting the dough, the Siopaos are ready to take plunge into the steamer.

We left everything to mom and for a while, me and my cousins took a walk and ate some ice cream on the way.

We know very well (I mean me and my cousins) that the Siopaos are already cooked, so we rushed home. When we finally reached the house, we were all surprised to see that the Siopaos were not white but yellow and that the dough is not floppy but very much like bread in terms of the taste and hardness.

But it tasted like a Siopao. I mean it really tasted like Siopao, I swear! Not just because we did it but because it is. ;)

After eating the Siopao, we realized what had been wrong. The dough was not fermented enough that’s why the dough did not double its size during its resting period. Haha, next time it will be like the Siopao of Chowking! And even better : D

 

No comments:

Post a Comment